I have written about how your thoughts create your life circumstances. I’m going to put a situation invented by me, with a fictitious name, so you can learn to see how this works.
• Maria grew up in a dysfunctional home. Her parents did not give her the emotional recognition that she needed. However, it was given to her older brother. That made Maria very jealous and resentful, because she didn’t understand why it was not given to her. She concluded that it was because she was not important enough.
• Maria grew up and when she got married her husband didn’t give her enough attention. He preferred to be at work or with his friends. This made Maria very jealous and resentful. She felt that she was not important enough.
• Something similar happened to her at her work. Her boss didn’t appreciate her work and promotions were given to her coworker. Maria felt that her work was not valued enough. This caused her a lot of resentment and jealousy of her co-workers.
Can you see a pattern that repeats itself? This happens to all of us in some way. Your job is to look for situations that are repeated in your life and where they came from. What thoughts did you decide about yourself? To what conclusions about yourself did you come to? You have to take the time to study yourself in order to transform your erroneous conclusions. Thus you will create a life more attuned to what you want.
You have unconscious patterns that come from childhood. Usually they are passed from generation to generation because we “copy” what we live.
By teaching you discipline through disapproval, which was what they learned from their parents, your parents taught you to question your worth, leading you to conclude that there was something wrong with you.
Your need for approval is based on the premise that your worth is measured by what others, especially those in authority, believe about you. Not what you think.
You spend your life looking for people to tell you how to act. In this way you open yourself to others manipulating you.
As an adult, you may tend to create situations that make your partner or friends disapprove of you. You will tend to make your partner or friends pay for what your parents did to you. If your partner does not allow it, you could use your children.
Once you manage to realize that as an adult you are reacting as you did as a child, by working with yourself you will be able to react as an adult, to any situation that comes your way.
Here is an exercise so you can to start to see what things you have to work with. Write at least 10 of each.
I. List how you were disapproved of as a child.
II. List situations in your current life where you feel disapproved of.
III. List the ways you “punish” people you interpret as disapproving of you.
Once you start to become aware of your patterns, you can start to think differently, but not until you realize that your behavior comes from unconscious thoughts you have about yourself.
Contrary to the laws of the world, which can change as the legislature changes, the 7 Universal or Cosmic Laws operate in your life all the time, whether you believe in them or not. They exist, whether you are aware of them or not, whether you have “discovered” them or not.
These laws rule the Cosmos and everything in it. This includes you and everything that surrounds you. The laws intertwine among each other, and they all work together.
Once you become familiar with these laws, you will understand why your life is the way it is. Since the world is a compendium of many people’s lives, it will also give you an understanding of why the world is the way it is.
When you don’t understand the Universal Laws, you live your life in an unconscious way, and you usually feel like a victim of circumstances. Understanding these Laws:
- It will allow you to take control of your life.
- It will help you change those areas of yourself that don’t make you happy, and expand those that do.
- You will realize that the only way you can change the world is by changing yourself, becoming a better person, and in this way sending that energy to the cosmos.
I will be explaining some of the laws in the following blogs.
Do you really see yourself? Have you ever thought that you’re going through life like a robot? Reacting to situations without asking what’s inside of you that causes you to react? Maybe working on a job you don’t like because you have to eat and pay debts? Being in a battered relationship without analyzing how you are contributing to make it so, and how can you change to improve it?
And so, the days and years go by and one day you ask yourself, is this all there is? Then you start to wonder, what if what my parents, friends, society taught me, isn’t it? What if there is another way of looking at things? What if …
Once you ask yourself those questions, people, blogs, books, workshops begin to reach you, so you can see new ideas, new ways of being. Even in unpleasant, difficult situations, you can see how those situations have taught you to grow, how they have strengthened you, how, if you look inward, you can see how you contributed to make that situation so.
And in that way, you grow as a human being. Once you realize that you are not a robot, that you have control of your reactions, of your decisions, you are learning that you are something more than that body with which you have identified all life. And so, little by little, you are waking up to the love that you are.
Let me introduce you the book that changed my life
In 1965, Dr. Helen Schucman, and Dr. Bill Thetford, both psychologists and agnostics, were colleagues at the School of Medicine and Surgery at Columbia University in New York.
One day, Helen began to have a series of psychic experiences. She called Bill and told him that an Inner Voice did not leave her alone saying, “This is a course in miracles. Please take notes.” Bill suggested that she take notes and decide the next day if it made sense or not.
Helen did this, and the process lasted seven years. Helen listened, wrote and both transcribed. The dictation was not automatic writing, nor was Helen in a trance. The Voice, which called itself Jesus, could stop while Helen continued her work.
The manuscript, which is a teaching of spiritual psychology, was called A Course in Miracles (the Course). It is composed of:
- the Text, which is fundamentally theoretical and exposes the concepts on which the Course’s thought system is based;
- the Workbook which consists of 365 lessons, the practical application of the theory;
- and the Teacher’s Manual, written in the form of Q&A, which answers some of the most common questions that students can ask themselves.
The Course’s mission is to help us achieve inner peace. Its goal is to teach us to eliminate the mental blocks that do not allow us to see our true essence, which is love.
The teachings of the Course have been so impressive that it has been translated into almost all the major languages.
Welcome to Awaken to the Love You Are. If you want to heal your attitudes, way of thinking and your life in general, this is the place for you. Here you will find information that will help you do exactly that, plus an informative blog with different themes where you can put your comments and ask questions. I have created this page in two languages, English and Spanish. Just press the language you prefer. I hope to see you here frequently. I will be publishsing two blogs weekly, Mondays and Fridays. Happy healing.
When you experience anything unpleasant in your life how do you react? Do you blame someone? Do you feel guilty? Have you ever considered why your life is how it is? Did you know that only you can do something to change it?
Quantum physics has shown that if you look through a very powerful microscope, physical matter looks like small universes of atoms and electrons vibrating. If you continue to magnify it, you will eventually see that it is only pure energy.
There are several principles involved:
• The principle of magnetism – Each thing has its own particular magnetic quality. Being electromagnetic energy, this causes thoughts to attract energy that has a similar magnetic quality.
• The principle of radiation, everything that exists emits or radiates energy outwards, according to its vibratory level.
• The principle of attraction states that energy will attract to itself what it throws out. Therefore, what you think will come back to you. If you have negative thoughts you will attract negative energy. The more you think about something, the more you will attract it to you. What you resist persists.
Most thoughts are unconscious. You acquired them from the moment of conception, from your parents, teachers, siblings, religious leaders and society in general. Many times, the thought is so unconscious that you don’t see the relationship between it and your reaction. But you choose your reaction, it doesn’t choose you.
How you react to something depends on your perception. If you want to change your life you have to change your thoughts. You have to choose to see differently. Once you do, you will begin to awaken to the love you are.