According to A Course in Miracles, the fundamental law of the mind is that projection gives rise to perception. “The world you see is what you gave it, nothing more than that… It is the witness to your state of mind, the outside picture of an inward condition. As a man thinketh, so does he perceive. Therefore, seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world. Perception is a result, and not a cause.” (T-21.in.1-8)
It is very difficult to recognize what you have in your unconscious. It is easier to see other people’s fault and not your own. You can gradually recognize what you have to modify:
- If you recognize that what you see outside of yourself is a projection of what’s inside;
- If you are very aware of what you attract into your life;
- And you see those things as a mirror of your interior.
Imagine the following:
- Your mind is a projector.
- Your thoughts are the movie, and;
- Your life and its circumstances are what you see on the screen.
- You are the writer and producer of your life.
- You choose the actors who are going to act out your thoughts.
- Then you forget and get angry with them because they are perfectly acting the role you gave them.
Instead of fighting with the film, what you have to do is change it. And understanding this, your awakening begins. In the next blog I will give you an exercise that will help you to achieve it.